Duration: 5 Hours
Departure: Izmir Port or Hotel
Visiting: Ephesus – Miletos
Highlights of the Ephesus and Miletos Tour from Izmir
- Visit the ruins of Ephesus and The Miletus
- Learn about history of ancient Ephesus & Miletus and explore the ancient ruins
- See the spectacular Celsus Library and marvelous Grand Theatre
- Learn the miythological stories from your guide in Miletus
Description of the Ephesus and Miletos Tour
Your Ephesus and Miletos tour starts after meeting with the professional guide private for you at the hotel or port.
One of the most unique historical locations in the world is Ephesus which is home to a plethora of historically significant structures that have endured the test of time.
The Library of Celsius, Hadrian’s Temple, the Fountains of Trajan and Polio, the Temples of Hadrian and Domitian, the Vedious and Scholastic Baths, Bouloterion, and the Great Theatre with a capacity for 24.000 spectators are just a few of the highlights of this privately guided tour of Ephesus.
After Ephesus, our Ephesus and Miletos Tour continues with the Miletos, the second ancient city of the day. The distance between Ephesus and Miletos is 64 kilometers by private vehicle and takes about 51 minutes. Miletus Ancient City’s history extends back to the polished stone era.
Miletos, like Ephesus, was formerly a port city and is located within the borders of the touristic Didyma district of Aydin in the Aegean region.
It is known that the ancient city of Miletus, which has been heavily influenced by meteorological conditions throughout history, was cut off from the sea attributed to the rise of the water in the Aegean Sea, the numerous changes in the mouth of the Buyuk Menderes river, and the filling of the land with alluvium. As a result, Miletos/Miletus remained 10 kilometers inland from the sea in time.
The ancient city of Miletus is an important location for the development of rational thought, geometry, philosophy, and astronomy. The Miletus School, founded by Thales in the sixth century at Miletos, Western Anatolia, was the birthplace of philosophy. In other words, Thales of Miletus was the creator of philosophy.
The Miletus ancient theater, one of the most spectacular specimens of the Greco-Roman type, greets you at the first entry to the Miletos Ancient City, which was created on a large scale. The theater, which was built for 5300 people during the Hellenistic period, was expanded to 15 thousand people during the Roman time.
Another fascinating structure is the Faustina bath, one of Anatolia’s largest Roman baths. A statue of the river deity Meandros and a replica of the lion figures may be found in the bath, where the cold, hot, and warm portions, changing rooms, and pool are plainly visible. The original lion figure statue is on display in the Louvre in Paris.
At the end of the Ephesus and Miletos Tour, you’ll go back to Izmir.
On the Ephesus and Miletus excursion, history will accompany you for one day. You can also check out our other tours we organize as Private Ephesus Tours.
- Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour from Istanbul by Plane
- 3 Days Ephesus, Hierapolis, Cotton Cliffs, Pergamum, Acropolis, Asclepion tour from Istanbul
- Full day Ephesus Tour from Izmir
- Licensed professional guide in English or other preferred language for all sightseeing.
- Air-conditioned luxury vehicle with a professional driver
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Entrance fees to museums and sites according to the above itinerary
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Items of a personal nature
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
- To bring a camera, a sunhat, and to prefer comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
Prices of the Ephesus and Miletos Tour from Izmir
|1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4 PAX||5 PAX||6 PAX||7 PAX||8 PAX||9 PAX||10 PAX|
|225 $||125 $||90 $||75 $||65 $||60 $||55 $||50 $||45 $||40 $|