Duration: 1 hour in one part
Departure: Istanbul Port or Airport or Hotel
Visiting: Whirling Dervishes
Hihgligts of the Whirling Dervishes Show: Experience a very traditional dancing rituel of turkish Mevleviyes as a big ceremony and meditaion.
Mevleviye are known for their famous practice of whirling dances and dervishes. At their dancing ceremonies, or Sema, a particular musical repertoire called ayin is played. The Sema ceremony represents a mystical journey of mans spiritual ascent through mind and love to Perfect.
Whirling Dervishes Show is a Mevlevi dervishes’ ceremony. It may be characterized as the ritual they do by spreading their arms to both sides, turning their right palm to the sky and their left palm to the soil, taking them from God and delivering them to the people, accompanied by instruments such as ney. Music is used to aid meditation in this context.
Whirling Dervishes Ceremony starts with the classical turkish music concert performed by a traditional orchestra for 15 minutes. The Whirling Dervishes Show starts and lasts about 45 minutes under the amazing lighting and mystic atmosphere of Hodjapasha.
You can check the links below to get more information about Istanbul’s other attractions.
- Private pick up transfer from your hotel in Istanbul Whirling Dervishes Ceremony and Sufi Music Concert
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Private return transfer to your hotel
Prices of the Whirling Dervishes Show
- A special price will be given for requests of 11 people or more. We kindly ask you to contact the your agency.
- Infant (0-6) free of charge, Children age (7-12) % 50
- Free Cancellation. Cancel anytime one day before your experience, full refund.
- Reserve now & pay later: Save your spot free of charge with flexible booking.