DURATION: 8 HOURS
Departure : Izmir Hotel
VISITING : PRIENE, MILETUS AND DIDYMA
Highlights of the Priene, Miletus And Didyma From Izmir
- Explore the ruins of the 4th century BC Temple of Athena in Priene.
- Discover a theatre, Roman baths and stadium in Miletus, once a naval power.
- See the arresting ruins of the Temple of Apollo in Didyma.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch of Turkish cuisine.
- Don’t forget to shop for the perfect souvenir.
Description of the Priene, Miletus And Didyma From Izmir
Are you ready to rewind in three historic towns, savor Turkish specialties at a popular restaurant and enjoy free time in İzmir, on this scenic tour. Set in for a leisurely drive about 1 hour 30 minutes to drive to Ancient City of Priene, with its stunning view perched at the foot of a cliff on Mount Mycale, and find ruins dating to the 6th century BC. You will visit the ruins of the Temple of Athena, built by Alexander the Great in 334 BC, and a large 4th century BC Greek theater that was replaced by the Romans 600 years later to increase its capacity to 6,000 spectators.
Driving from pierene to Miletus approximately 20 minutes away. You will enjoy seeing ancient city of Miletus, a great naval power in the 6th century BC because of its four harbors, and see the impressive Faustina Roman Baths with its magnificent display of the wonderfully preserved Greco-Roman theatre, and a rectangular stadium built by the Greeks and later enlarged by the Romans.
Again you will drive to Dydma about 125 km / 76 miles. Then you will see the remains of the magnificent Temple of Apollo, considered one of the greatest monuments of antiquity, built over a period of 600 years in the ancient Greek temple of Didyma.
You will have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious lunch of Turkish specialties before enjoying free time to purchase the unforgettable souvenirs of this magical land.
We will end of our tour and return from Didyma ancient city to Izmir port / hotel.
If you are interested in visiting historical sites, as Private Ephesus Tours we propose that you look into these itineraries.
- Discover the Ephesus City with an expert
- Ephesus & Ephesus Archaeological Museum from Izmir
- Ephesus and Miletos Tour from Izmir
- Licensed professional guide in English or other preferred language for all sightseeing.
- Air-conditioned luxury vehicle with a professional driver
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Entrance fees to museums and sites according to the above itinerary
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Items of a personal nature
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
To bring a camera, a sunhat, and to prefer comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
Prices of the Priene, Miletus And Didyma From Izmir