DURATION: 3 HOURS
DEPARTURE : KUSADASI PORT OR HOTEL
VISITING : THE HOUSE OF VIRGIN MARY AND EPHESUS MUSEUM
Highlights of the Virgin Mary and Ephesus Museum
- Explore the site believed to be the last home of the Virgin Mary until her Assumption.
- Explore the Ephesus Archaeological Museum to see the treasures of the ancient city.
- You will have time to see souvenirs, jewelry or handmade Turkish carpets for shopping.
Description of the Virgin Mary and Ephesus Museum Tour from Izmir
We will visit the place where the Virgin Mary is considered to have lived after the death of Jesus until her Assumption and is considered her home. We will explore a museum containing artifacts from the city of Ephesus, Rome. Enjoy shopping and free time at the end of this pleasant tour. Journey about five miles to Aladag Mountain and see the house where the Virgin Mary is believed to have spent her last days after the Apostle St. John brought her there after Jesus’ death. It is acknowledged that dating the personal articles found at the site led to it being considered a place of pilgrimage for both Christians and Muslims in 1892, and that the place was sacred. It was visited by Pope Paul VI in 1967 and held a mass here. In the Ephesus Archeology Museum, which houses many artifacts of the ancient city of Ephesus, you can see the artifacts and special collections unearthed in many excavations of Ephesus, including the statues of the gods and goddesses that inspired this heavenly region. After our Virgin Mary and Ephesus Museum Tour we will return to Kusadasi, take time to do your own shopping for souvenirs or famous Turkish rugs in this magical city.
If you’re interested in historical places in Turkey, you might enjoy these daily trips from Izmir, which we’ve included below.
- Licensed professional guide in English or other preferred language for all sightseeing.
- Air-conditioned luxury vehicle with a professional driver
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Entrance fees to museums and sites according to the above itinerary
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Items of a personal nature
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
- To bring a camera, a sunhat, and to prefer comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
Prices of the Virgin Mary and Ephesus Museum Tour from Izmir