DURATION : 5 HOURS
DEPARTURE : IZMIR PORT or HOTEL
VISITING : EPHESUS AND EPHESUS MUSEUM
Highlights of the accessible Less-walking Ephesus Tour from Izmir
- Entrance to Ephesus will be made through the lower gate.
- Enjoy the panoramic view of the lower part of the ruins of Ephesus, where the theater is located.
- Wander through the excavated lower section where you will find the famous Celsus Library.
- Check out the magnificent artifacts in the Ephesus Museum.
- Spend free time shopping in Kusadasi.
Description of the accessible Ephesus Tour with less walking from Izmir
You will meet with your professional guide at Izmir Port or hotel. We will drive to Ephesus-Selcuk about 1 hour. Ephesus is considered to one of the most spectacular open-air museums in Turkey and in the World. And also one of the highlights of any visit to Turkey.
At the Ephesus Museum, you’ll discover numerous locally excavated artifacts, including busts of Socrates and Emperor Marcus Aurelius in good condition, stone masks, and sacrificial altars. The exhibits will offer you a good introduction to the variety of ruins you will see in Ephesus.
At the excavated site, you will see at the top of the ruins from a distance, which will provide a comprehensive view of the archaeological treasures.
The great theater of Ephesus is a splendidly preserved and very impressive building standing there. This structure, built of marble, has a width of 145 meters, and its audience once reached up to 30 meters.
In its heyday, it could accommodate up to 24,000 spectators. The construction of the theater began in Hellenistic times..
You will visit the Library of Celsus, a monument built as a mausoleum with its majestic standing of the Great Theater where Paul preached the Gospel, and a separate library for scrolls and codices.
Celcus Library was built in 117 A.D. The Library of ephesus was a monumental tomb for Gaius Julius Celsus Polemaeanus, the governor of the province of Asia; from his son Galius Julius Aquila.
The grave of Celsus was beneath the ground floor, across the entrance and there was a statue of Athena over it. Because Athena was the goddess of the wisdom. The scrolls of the manuscripts were kept in cupboards in niches on the walls.
There were double walls behind the bookcases to prevent the them from the extremes of temperature and humidity. The capacity of the library was about more than 12,000 scrolls. It was the third richest and biggest library in ancient times after the Alexandra and Pergamum.
During your less-walking Ephesus tour, Ephesus city will come alive as you walk through 2,000 year-old marble streets to admire the Library of Celsius, Hadrians Temple, the Fountains of Trajan, Polio, the Temples of Hadrian and Domitian, Vedious and Scholastic Baths, Bouloterion, and the Great Theater.
After visiting Ephesus Museum we will finish our Accessible Ephesus Tour with less walking. At the end of the day you will return to Izmir Port or hotel
As Private Ephesus Tours we propose that you look into these itineraries;
- Ephesus tour with less walking from Kusadasi
- Accessible Ephesus Virgin Mary House & Temple of Artemis from Izmir
Accessible Ephesus Tour with less walking included
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Wheelchair accessible vehicles
- Licensed experienced drivers
- Licensed professional guide in English or other preferred language for all sightseeing.
- Entrance fees to museums and sites according to the above itinerary
Accessible Ephesus Tour with less walking not included
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Items of a personal nature
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
To bring a camera, a sunhat, and to prefer comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
Prices of the accessible Less-walking Ephesus from Izmir
|1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4 PAX||5 PAX||6 PAX||7 PAX||8 PAX||9 PAX||10 PAX|
|00 $||00 $||00 $||00 $||00 $||00 $||00 $||00 $||00 $||00 $|