DURATION: 7 HOURS
DEPARTURE : KUSADASI PORT OR HOTEL
VISITING : THE HOUSE OF THE VIRGIN MARY – EPHESUS – BASILICA OF ST. JOHN-EPHESUS MUSEUM
Highlights of the Ephesus Tour from Kusadasi: Ancient City Exploration
- Visit what was thought to be the last home of the Virgin Mary until her Ascension.
- Find the opportunity to explore ancient Ephesus, which is on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
- There will be a break to visit St. John’s Basilica.
- Visit the Ephesus Archaeological Museum to see the treasures of the ancient city.
- You will have time to see souvenirs, jewelry or handmade Turkish carpets for shopping in Kuşadası.
Experience the Best of Ephesus on a Tour from Kusadasi: Great Theatre, Celsus Library, and More
If you’re interested in learning more about the fascinating region of Ephesus, our Whole Ephesus Tour from Kusadasi is the perfect opportunity. This comprehensive tour takes you on a scenic and informative journey through this extraordinary ancient city, allowing you to discover its splendor and rich history.
One highlight of the tour is a visit to the House of Virgin Mary, located just 8 miles from Ephesus in Aladag. This sacred site has a long history, having been declared a place of pilgrimage by the Archbishop of Izmir in 1892 and visited by Pope VI in 1967. St. Paul also held mass at the house, making it an important site for Catholics and Christians around the world.
From here, you’ll continue exploring the ancient city of Ephesus on your Ephesus Tour from Kusadasi. One of the 12 cities of Ionia and an important hub for trade routes to Asia Minor. Ephesus is famous for its sacred ancient shrines, including a famous temple that is among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
The other highlights of the Ephesus tour from Kusadasi is a visit to the Celsus Library, a beautiful structure built in the early 2nd century AD. You’ll also get to see the Grand Theatre, one of the most impressive structures in Ephesus and a place where St. Paul preached. One of the must-see sites is the Great Theatre, which was once used for plays, concerts, and even gladiator games. It’s an awe-inspiring structure that truly captures the grandeur of this ancient city.
But that’s not all – this Ephesus Tour from Kusadasi also includes a visit to a famous temple that is among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Hadrian’s Temple, located just across the road from the theatre. Lunch will be served in its garden, which resembles a typical Turkish village.
After lunch, you’ll have the chance to continue visiting the Ephesus Archaeological Museum, which contains two wonderful marble statues of Artemis and 25,000 artifacts found in the ancient city, before visiting the nearby St. A stop will be made at St. John’s Basilica.
Finally, your Ephesus Tour from Kusadasi will conclude with some shopping in the local markets, where you can browse a wide variety of souvenirs and handicrafts. This is the perfect opportunity to take home a piece of Ephesus with you and remember your amazing journey through this incredible ancient city.
Overall, this Ephesus Tour from Kusadasi is a comprehensive and enriching experience that will leave you with a deeper understanding and appreciation of this amazing region. Don’t miss out on this opportunity – book your Ephesus tour today and start planning your adventure in Ephesus!”
Would you like to explore our other daily trips in Kusadasi?
Here are some of the tours we can provide.
- The ancient cities of Priene, Miletus and Didyma
- Full-day Pamukkale and Hierapolis Tour
- On foot, discover Kusadasi
- Licensed professional guide in English or other preferred language for all sightseeing.
- Air-conditioned luxury vehicle with a professional driver
- Pick-up and drop-off service
- Entrance fees to museums and sites according to the above itinerary
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Gratuities to guide and driver
- Items of a personal nature
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
- To bring a camera, a sunhat, and to prefer comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended.
Prices of the Whole Ephesus Tour From Kusadasi